This morning the green fists of the peonies are getting ready
to break my heart
as the sun rises,
as the sun strokes them with his old, buttery fingers
-Peonies, Mary Oliver

25 March 2010

Celebrating The Woman I've Become

I love to celebrate myself! I feel full of the joy that comes from being comfortable and ecstatic in my own skin! As India Arie, one of my favorite singers sings:

"I'm havin' a private party
Ain't no body here but me, my angels, and my guitar singin' baby look how far we've come here
I'm havin' a private party
Learning how to love me
Celebrating the woman I've become, yeah

I'm gonna take off all my clothes
Look at myself in the mirror
We're gonna have a conversation
We're gonna heal the disconnection
I don't remember when it started
But this is where it's gonna end
My body is beautiful and sacred
And I'm gonna celebrate it!"



It's so good to connect with myself and love myself!

No comments: