This morning the green fists of the peonies are getting ready
to break my heart
as the sun rises,
as the sun strokes them with his old, buttery fingers
-Peonies, Mary Oliver

20 August 2010

The Deep Joy


I married Don on June 5th! It feels perfect and meant-to-be, natural, comfortable, and new all at once. Sometimes the awe of what we have together is overwhelming. It's so special, and we are so grateful for each other!

I think I have this deep river of joy that is running through me all the time, and many things in life bring me to this river. But it's as if Don and our marriage have helped me discover an entirely new experience of joy.

We are so lucky for the good friends and family who are celebrating with us as we are beginning our marriage. Hugs and kisses to you all. <3

1 comment:

Fugitive said...

What a beautiful couple you make!