This morning the green fists of the peonies are getting ready
to break my heart
as the sun rises,
as the sun strokes them with his old, buttery fingers
-Peonies, Mary Oliver

03 March 2009

Collection

A collection of quotes that I like:

Reading, like writing, is a creative act. If readers only bring a narrow range of themselves to the book, then they'll only see their narrow range reflected in it.

Stories can conquer fear, you know. They can make the heart bigger.
-Ben Okri
-----------------------------------
Why love if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore; only the life I have lived. The pain now is part of the happiness then.
-Anthony Hopkins

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
-George Orwell

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
-Mother Theresa

A good friend will pick you up when you fall, but a best friend will laugh and trip you again. -Lorin, who else?

"Please use your liberty to promote ours." Aung San Suu Kyi

You know how some people say, I want to do such-and-such before I die? Well, I don't think we need to worry about doing certain things before we die. I think we could do anything we didn't get to do here, in heaven; plus it will probably be 100x better.
- dedicated to Maggie, the girl who longs to sky-dive!

"Patience is the art of hope." - Don Ritchey, my adopted grandfather

"If you love each other sometimes things don't have to be set out in a perfect line."
-Mom ♥

"God doesn't guarantee an easy life without struggle; I do not know what He has in mind for you but it is for good and He will always be with you."
-Dad ♥

LIFE AIN'T ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL, BUT IT'S A BEAUTIFUL RIDE.....

No comments: